The memorial hall was originally built in 1883, and was used as a prefectural parliament for some 50 years. This is the only building remaining from among all the prefectural halls built in the Meiji Period (1868–1912). This hall was constructed after the style of the House of Parliament in London, with the Shinano River substituting for the Thames as the setting. It is now used as a museum.
- 9:00 – 16:30
- 9:00 – 18:30 (July – August)
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Price / Fee
- 15 minutes from JR Niigata Station by the bus bound for Irifune-eigyosho via Ohashi. Get off at Hakusan-koen Bus Stop.
- 新潟県政記念館 (Only available in Japanese)