Aizu Sazae-do is a temple noted for its unique, turban shell shape. It was constructed by Priest Ikudo in 1796 and designated as a national important cultural property in 1996.
The inside of the building is double helix structure and is also a wonder to behold. Visitors climbing up stairs never come across others walking down the stairs from the top.
- 8:15 - Sunset
- 9:00 - 16:00 (January - March)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 400 yen (General, Adult)
- 300 yen (Student)
- 200 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 4 minutes from JR Aizu-Wakamatsu Station by Akabee bus. Get off at Iimoriyama-shita Bus stop.
- 46 minutes from JR Aizu-Wakamatsu Station Haikara-san bus. Get off at Iimoriyama-shita Bus stop.
- AIZU SAZAEDO OFFICIAL WEBSITE (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 155, Ikkimachi Yahata, Aizuwakamatsu-shi, Fukushima, 965-0003
- big5world @big5world - 2017-05-25
- Sami Martin @readysetgaijin - 2017-03-17
- Jose Concepcion @TheBlueWizard77 - 2016-11-15
- Herman Kasper @hermankasper - 2016-10-21
- Muza-chan 「ムザちゃん」 @Muzachan - 2016-10-21
- Outtasight @OuttasightPV - 2015-01-10