Akiyoshi-dai is the largest limestone plateau in Japan known for its karst topography. 4,502 hectares of the plateau is designated as a national park, and 1,384 hectares of it is designated as a special national treasure. White lime rocks are scattered in the vast grassland and you can enjoy the beautiful karst landscape.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 43 minutes from JR Shin-Yamaguchi Station by the bus bound for Akiyoshi-do. Get off at the last stop, then transfer to the bus bound for Akiyoshi-dai and get off at Akiyoshi-dai Bus stop (15 minutes bus ride).
Address / Location
- Shuhocho Akiyoshi, Mine-shi, Yamaguchi, 754-0511
- DK @_dasha549_ - 2019-05-18
- All About Japan @AllAbout_Japan - 2019-02-28
- Matthew Newton @mathnew - 2016-03-25