Aoyama-kogen Plateau spreads on the south side of Mt. Kasatori-yama. This gently sloping highland is located 600 to 700 meters above sea level. You can enjoy a great view of the Ise Bay from its peak.
The plateau is called "Kansai's Karuizawa" and a suitable place for hiking. Red azaleas blanket here from mid-April to mid-May and Japanese silver grass in October. There are also more than 30 wind turbines stand in the plateau which is one of the largest scale wind farms in Honshu.
- Mountain Lodge: 10:00 – 16:00
- Mountain Lodge (March - November): Thursdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Mountain Lodge (December - February): Tuesdays and Thursdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Access / Public Transport
- 2-hour walk from Nishi-Aoyama Station on the Kintetsu Osaka Line
Address / Location
- Kachiji, Iga-shi, Mie, 518-0203
- Eduardo Jiménez @lalojimjuarez - 2018-09-24
- Pudding Prince @Puddince_Macka - 2018-09-24
- Gary Galante @GaryGalante - 2018-09-23
- Iroha Sakaki @IrohaSakaki - 2018-09-23
- Dan Perry @thedanperry - 2018-09-23
- Okwunna Okongwu @biafra4ever - 2018-09-23