Aoyama-kogen Plateau spreads on the south side of Mt. Kasatori-yama. This gently sloping highland is located 600 to 700 meters above sea level. You can enjoy a great view of the Ise Bay from its peak.
The plateau is called "Kansai's Karuizawa" and a suitable place for hiking. Red azaleas blanket here from mid-April to mid-May and Japanese silver grass in October. There are also more than 30 wind turbines stand in the plateau which is one of the largest scale wind farms in Honshu.
- Mountain Lodge: 10:00 – 16:00
- Mountain Lodge (March - November): Thursdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Mountain Lodge (December - February): Tuesdays and Thursdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Access / Public Transport
- 2-hour walk from Nishi-Aoyama Station on the Kintetsu Osaka Line
Address / Location
- Kachiji, Iga-shi, Mie, 518-0203
- CatherineBohemierPhoto @CBohemierPhoto - 2019-09-17
- Paul Parent, FRGS @paulparentphoto - 2019-09-16
- Puusuke @Amberia_press - 2019-09-13
- i3ok3n @i3ok3n - 2019-09-11
- Wes Lang @hikinginjapan - 2019-09-11
- i3ok3n @i3ok3n - 2019-09-08