A German physician named Dr. Erwin von Baelz was the first to describe Kusatsu Onsen Hot Spring as "the world's finest spa and health resort" more than a century ago. Possessing the latest medical skills of Western Europe, Dr. Baelz was invited to Japan by the government in 1876 and later became known as "the father of modern Japanese medicine". The unique qualities and mysterious efficacies of Kusatsu Onsen, which are quite unknown in Europe, drew Dr. Baelz to Kusatsu many times to conduct research that he later presented to a medical convention in Europe.
Baelz Memorial Hall was built to exhibit his countless findings, achievements and the marks that he made in his life.
- 9:00 - 16:30
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 22 minutes from JR Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi by the bus bound for Kusatsu Onsen. Get off at Undojaya Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 3-9, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi Agatsuma-gun, Gumma, 377-1711
- Tony Grant @TonyinTokyo - 2015-01-29
- Nice and easy does it... (Kusatsu, Dec 2014) #japan #climbjapan #climbing #snow #snowshoeing #山 #百名山 http://t.co/8PvtY92WIu
- stunning reviews @nunocolombino - 2015-01-28
- Climbing a Few of Japan's 100 Famous Mountains - Volume 6: Mt. Shirane (Kusatsu) http://t.co/6Q4uPCixEV http://t.co/4efWcjOK7G
- Shelan Creatives @ShelanCreatives - 2015-01-28
- Finally on our way to snowy mountains #Kusatsu #Japan 🗻
- Japanese culture @JPN_cultureblog - 2015-01-25
- 【Movie】You must want to go to “Kusatsu” if you would see this movie.
|Basic information about traveling to Baelz Memorial Hall.|
|Opening hours of Baelz Memorial Hall.|
|Closed days or periods of Baelz Memorial Hall.|
|Price of the entrance ticket or other fees for Baelz Memorial Hall (if applicable).|
|How to get to Baelz Memorial Hall with public transportation.|
|Official website of Baelz Memorial Hall or other related pages.|
|Address and map of Baelz Memorial Hall.|
|List of other recommended sightseeing spots.|
|Tweets related to Baelz Memorial Hall.|