Baelz Memorial Hall
A German physician named Dr. Erwin von Baelz was the first to describe Kusatsu Onsen Hot Spring as "the world's finest spa and health resort" more than a century ago. Possessing the latest medical skills of Western Europe, Dr. Baelz was invited to Japan by the government in 1876 and later became known as "the father of modern Japanese medicine". The unique qualities and mysterious efficacies of Kusatsu Onsen, which are quite unknown in Europe, drew Dr. Baelz to Kusatsu many times to conduct research that he later presented to a medical convention in Europe.
Baelz Memorial Hall was built to exhibit his countless findings, achievements and the marks that he made in his life.
- 9:00 - 16:30
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 22 minutes from JR Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi by the bus bound for Kusatsu Onsen. Get off at Undojaya Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 3-9, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi Agatsuma-gun, Gumma, 377-1711
- YoichiTomaru @YoichiTomaru - 2020-08-15
- MoonfireLark @MoonfireLark - 2020-08-15
- Tripig @kuma5629145596 - 2020-08-15
- Randomised Weather @random__weather - 2020-08-13
- PrimeTime Picks @PTP_Specials - 2020-08-12
- Tipster C @TheTipsterC - 2020-08-12
- J.League Germany / @Goaltaku (🇩🇪/🇦🇹/🇨🇭) @jleagueDE - 2020-08-12
- Babalu Jack @Babalujack - 2020-08-12
- Nagasaki Blue & Orange @V_Varen_EN - 2020-08-12
- Sushi Football @sushi_football - 2020-08-12
- ShiveringDenizen @ShiveringDeniz1 - 2020-08-12
- I Will Visit Japan @iwillvisitjapan - 2020-08-11
- |\|\õbëëñ k|-|åñ @itsmobeenkhan - 2020-08-11