Bitchu-Kanachiana Cave located in the northern part of Kibi-kogen Plateau is the oldest limestone cave in Japan. A place of natural artistry, the cave’s stalactites give it an air of mystery.
3 meters tall stalagmite called "Mt. Fuji in the cave", limestone pillar called "five-story pagoda", and the Japan's largest stalactite can be seen in the cave. The temperature inside the cave is about 9 degrees Celsius all year round, so it is cool in summer and warm in winter.
- 9:00 – 17:00 (April – October)
- 9:00 – 16:00 (November – March)
- Monday - Friday (January - February) *except national holidays
Price / Entrance Fee
- 700 yen (General, Adult)
- 500 yen (Student)
- 350 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 40 minutes taxi ride from JR Bitchu-Takahashi Station
- 備中鐘乳穴オフィシャルホームページ、 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 8854-1, Kamimizuta, Maniwa-shi, Okayama, 716-1411
- Ben Slama Adel @Maniwa_A - 2019-08-13