Busts of Doctors Baelz and Scriba
The famous German Doctor Erwin Von Baelz came to Japan to take up a position as a professor in the medical department of Tokyo University. He visited Kusatsu for the first time in 1878 and often returned, enthusiastically investigated the quality of the waters an springs. He spreaded the word about Kusatsu to the rest of the world. He and Dr. Scriba are credited with contributing a great deal towards modern Japanese medicine. In addition to Sai-no-kawara Park, their busts are also can be seen at The University of Tokyo.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes from JR Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi by the bus bound for Kusatsu Onsen. Get off at Kusatsu Bus Termilal, then walk 12 minutes.
Address / Location
- 521-3, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi Agatsuma-gun, Gumma, 377-1711
- J2Ski Snow Reports @J2SkiSnow - 2020-04-10
- John Willis @Javbw - 2020-04-09
- Tetsuya @TTetsuya0222 - 2020-04-07
- Jen @mass_jennacide_ - 2020-04-07
- prog' @lambdaprog - 2020-04-04
- Kenji Rikitake @jj1bdx - 2020-04-04