Oga-hanto Peninsula juts out for about 20 kilometers and is worth visiting to see the contrasts between its rugged coastline and grassy slopes. At the northern tip of the peninsula, Cape Nyudo-zaki features wide cliff-top lawns with fine sea views. The cape is one of the best spots for watching a sunset in Akita. The scenery of a sunset over the Sea of Japan is breathtaking. The cape has a monument which marks northern latitude of 40 degrees and a 27.95 meters tall, striped lighthouse built in 1898. There are also some souvenir shops and restaurants lined up nearby.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
- Lighthouse: 200 yen as a donation (General, Adult)
- Lighthouse: Admission Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 45 minutes from JR Hadachi Station by the bus bound for Yumoto-Chuzaisho. Get off at the last stop, then transfer to the bus bound for Nyudo-zaki and get off at the last stop (10 minutes bus ride). *Booking is required for the bus for Nyudo-zaki from Yumoto-Chuzaisho. Call to Funakawa Taxi (0185-23-2211).
- 30 minutes taxi ride from JR Hadachi Station
Address / Location
- Kitaura Nyudozaki, Oga-shi, Akita, 010-0675
- Russ Rowlett @LHDirectory - 2021-01-23
- Yoshi Shimizu Photo @shimizu_photo - 2019-02-04