Former Kawashima Residence
Kawashima Family was an officer of the magistrate's office and the house was originally built in the early 1,800. This is the only former Samurai residence in the Samurai Residential Preservation District open to the public after its restoration in 1991. The property is surrounded by a high fence and gate, with a garden facing onto the street and the main house at the rear.
- 9:00 - 16:30
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Price / Entrance Fee
- 200 yen (General, Adult)
- 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 26 minutes from JR Oda-shi Station by Kawamoto Line or Omori / Oya Line bus. Get off at Omori Daikansyo-ato Bus stop.
- 代官所地役人 旧河島家 の紹介 - 石見銀山の重要文化財 熊谷家住宅 （島根県大田市・世界遺産） (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 118-1, Omoricho, Oda-shi, Shimane, 694-0305
- Kampusraku @duoamphibi - 2019-06-16
- Nobuaki Murakami @ARUM0202 - 2019-06-11