Former Mikasa Hotel
Mikasa Hotel was opened in 1906 and operated for 64 years since then. It was designated as a national important cultural asset after its closure in 1970. It is the only remaining wooden hotel of purely Western design in Japan.
Mikasa Hotel was known as Rokumei-kan (Western-style party hall for upper class people in Tokyo) in Karuizawa and became popular among political and business people, such as Konoe Fumimaro, Arishima Takeo and Okuma Shigenobu, at that time.
- 9:00 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Price / Entrance Fee
- 400 yen (General, Adult)
- 200 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 8 minutes from JR Karuizawa Station by the bus bound for Kita-Karuizawa. Get off at Mikasa Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 1339-342, Karuizawa, Karuizawa-machi Kitasaku-gun, Nagano, 389-0102
- Lavina Granites India @LavinaIndia - 2020-09-27
- saf @coolasfmetawin - 2020-09-23
- Charlie Brown @Charlie60900905 - 2020-09-19