Former Nakao Residence
When whale fishing was active in Yobuko in the Edo Period (1603 - 1868), the Nakao family was prosperous as the chief of the fishermen. The house is historically important not only as one of the oldest buildings in Kyushu region but also as a good example to know the whale fishing industry at that time. The residence is now designated as a Saga Prefectural cultural property.
- 9:00 – 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Wednesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- December 29 - January 3
Price / Entrance Fee
- 200 yen (General, Adult)
- 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes taxi ride from JR Karatsu Station
- 30 minutes from JR Karatsu Station or Ote-guchi Bus Center by the bus bound for Yobuko. Get off at Yobuko Bus stop.
- 旧中尾家住宅 - 佐賀県 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 3750-3, Yobukocho Yobuko, Karatsu-shi, Saga, 847-0303
- zombie land saga 星川ゾンビちゃん♪ ゾンビさんじゃなくてゾンビちゃん♪と呼んでね♪ @Hoshikaw_Zombie - 2019-06-20
- Creme @yoiangst zine sales @creme13rulee - 2019-06-18