Former Office of Karatsu Bank
Since completed in 1912, this western-style building was used as a bank until 1997. The building is famous for its connection with an architect from Karatsu, Minoru Tanaka, an apprentice of Tatsuno Kingo who designed JR Tokyo Station. Using brick-styled tiles on the outer walls provides it with high-grade finishing. The bank's reception counter at that time still exists inside the building.
Today, the first floor is used as an event space, and Tatsuno Kingo's works and documents are displayed on the second floor. There is also a restaurant on the basement floor.
- 9:00 – 18:00
- December 29 – 31
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes walk from JR Karatsu Station
- 辰野金吾 洋館 旧唐津銀行 佐賀県唐津市 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1513, Hommachi, Karatsu-shi, Saga, 847-0047
- Jane Lawson @janelawsonfood - 2020-01-23
- イギリスジェン @igirisujen - 2020-01-20
- Greg Atkinson @GregAtkinson_jp - 2020-01-19