The building was originally a liquor shop built in 1910 and operated until 1986. Then it was moved to the current location to be used as an exhibition hall of Shitamachi Museum. The exhibits include old scales, barrels and pestles that were actually used in the liquor shop during the Meiji era (1868 - 1912).
- 9:30 - 16:30 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Price / Rate
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 11 minutes walk from JR Uguisudani Station
Address / Location
- 2-10-6, Uenosakuragi, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-0002
- Barbara Halstead @BarbaraHalstead - 2014-10-30
- @yararanger @rennie2020 Intrepid Explorers went to "Historic Yanaka" today and changed lines on the Metro; blow-by-blow account via email!
- Tofugu @tofugu - 2014-10-29
- Yanaka, Tokyo: A historical neighborhood fit for Ghibli. http://t.co/2Mo4KyshUa
- Michelle @m_ikki - 2014-10-28
- The little details of #谷中 (#Yanaka) //Apparently the apex arrangement of plastic bottles is supposed… http://t.co/Xa2LSxpSgE
- Ted O'Neill @gotanda - 2014-10-28
- @bsguides Enjoy! I spent part of the day walking from Ochanomizu to Yanaka. Glorious day.
- Michelle @m_ikki - 2014-10-27
- The little streets of #Yanaka #谷中 @ Yanaka Ginza http://t.co/5yQn6Zoao3
- Pukovnik Krv @cobranaconda - 2014-10-26
- So @oroboras and I got through two bottles of whisky with one bottle of coke, using plastic cups walking around Yanaka. Success.
- SALSABILA @subilincah - 2014-10-26
- Thanks Mr. @a_yanaka for ur time and allowed me to take a pict together last friday~ nice to meet you cc: @tokyoskaj http://t.co/uAhTNjXVwn
- rachael @pianica - 2014-10-26
- Streets of Yanaka #yanaka #tokyo http://t.co/1PQ2oJlb5R http://t.co/sRwuzgEYMh
- rachael @pianica - 2014-10-26
- Yanaka storefront window. #yanaka #tokyo http://t.co/eXGhftNIRg http://t.co/V4bViZejEk
- Carl Ellis @carlc75 - 2014-10-26
- @TonyMugridge some really nice wall tiles in Yanaka, Tokyo #japan http://t.co/f2Uzbh8Fup
- Alvin V Tampanguma @24alvin - 2014-10-25
- Blow like the tongue of fire Mr. Atsushi Yanaka #tokyoskaparadiseorchestra #javasoundsfair #skapara http://t.co/UqMbpZ1E0m
- Novan Fachrezy S @novanfachrezy - 2014-10-25
- @a_yanaka Thanks for the super awesome show last night!! http://t.co/yfF6sjMrK9
- Buddy Sukarno @buddysukarno - 2014-10-24
- With Mr.Atsushi Yanaka on baritone saxophone from @tokyoskaj #soundfair2014 http://t.co/ItN1XSfieZ
- Sumo Information @sumoinfo_en - 2014-10-24
- http://t.co/ENMRjefYEZ #sumo #Aoiyama [Japan Times]A few days later, I paid a visit to Aoyama Cemetery, which, along with Yanaka, is a...
- Free Wi-Fi Japan @free_wifi_japan - 2014-10-24
- Today, new map is released!! It's "Yanese Area (Yanaka, Nezu, Sendagi)" Please feel free to download it!! http://t.co/iN8Yvz9r3S
- rachael @pianica - 2014-10-24
- Stray cats around Yanaka Ginza, totally ok with multiple photos and pats. Yanaka is a to... http://t.co/uaf3FskxI7 http://t.co/l911hG8qOc
- juan miguel naguiat @migs_naguiat - 2014-10-23
- Photo: Ziggy Stardust (like some cat from Japan) Yanaka, September 2014. Film: Kodak BW400cn Taken by... http://t.co/cIK9NpZRlM
- Bogank A.R @Bogank_AR - 2014-10-23
- @a_yanaka welcome in indonesia
- Sumo Information @sumoinfo_en - 2014-10-23
- http://t.co/IZCP6kVUd1 #sumo #Aoiyama [Japan Times]A few days later, I paid a visit to Aoyama Cemetery, which, along with Yanaka, is a...