The central theme of the museum is the role Fukuoka city has played as a center of exchange in East Asia. Many goods that shows the history of flourishing exchanges between Japan and Asia. The main attraction of the museum is the King of Na gold seal found in Shikano-shima Island (National Treasure) and 3.215 meters long spear Nihongo, which is one of the "Three Great Spears of Japan".
You can also touch unique Asian toys and musical instruments at Hands-on corner.
- 9:30 – 17:30 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- December 28 – January 4
Price / Rate
- Regular exhibition: 200 yen (General, Adult)
- Regular exhibition: 150 yen (Student)
- Regular exhibition: Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes walk from Nishijin Station on the Fukuoka City Subway Kuko Line (K04)
Address / Location
- 3-1-1, Momochihama, Sawara-ku Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 814-0001