Fukuoka City Zoological and Botanical Gardens is in Minami Park, situated on a hill in the southern part of Fukuoka City. The facilities keeps around 140 kinds of animals and plants. In the zoological garden, you can see unique animals, such as Bird of Paradise (Papua New Guinea's national bird), Arabian Oryx, and Western lowland gorilla. In the botanical garden, you see many rare plants in the large greenhouse.
- 9:00 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- December 29 - January 1
Price / Rate
- 400 yen (General, Adult)
- 200 yen (Senior high student)
- Admission Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes from JR Hakata Station by the bus bound for Hibaru Eigyosho. Get off at Dobutsuen-mae Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 5-1-1, Ozasa, Chuo-ku Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 810-0033