Ganjo-ji Temple, established in 1227, is famous for its 2.41-meter tall Great Buddha, called "Aizu Daibutsu".
Looking closer, you will notice that some small Buddha statues put on the halo of the Great Buddha are lost, and the reason of which is said that samurai warriors cut the statures and bring it to a war as their lucky-charm. The temple also has a pond where you can see the variety of flowers in all seasons.
- Aizu Daibutsu Buddha: 7:00 - 30 minutes before sunset
- Office: 7:00 - 17:00
- Office: 7:00 - 16:00 (in winter)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes from JR Kitakata Station by the bus bound for Kanou. Get off at Kami-Sammiya Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 833, Kamisammiyamachi Kamisammiya Magakiyama, Kitakata-shi, Fukushima, 966-0931
- Pir G Mujtaba Jan @guljanxv - 2018-12-13