Located in Bandai-Asahi National Park, Goshikinuma Swamps, or five-colored swamps are so named because each of the swamps shows a delicately different color, such as cobalt blue, indigo, and emerald green. From Urabandai Visitor Center located near Goshikinuma-iriguchi Bus stop, you can enjoy one-hour hiking on the 3.6 kilometers of Goshiki-numa Nature Trail around the colorful swamps watching various kinds of wild birds including woodpecker, Narcissus Flycatcher, and Blue Whistling Thrush.
Bishamon-numa Swamp is the largest of Goshikinuma Swamps, and there are some shops and restaurants around the swamp. You can also take a boat on the swamp.
- Open 24 hours
- Urabandai Visitor Center: 9:00 - 17:00 *varies according to the season
- No closing days
- Urabandai Visitor Center: Tuesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Urabandai Visitor Center: December 28 - January 4
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 28 minutes from JR Inawashiro Station by the bus bound for Bandai-kogen Kyuka-mura. Get off at Goshikinuma-iriguchi Bus stop.
- 裏磐梯ビジターセンター (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- Hibara, Kitashiobara-mura Yama-gun, Fukushima, 969-2701