During the Edo period (1603 – 1868), a nationwide road network was developed in Japan; along the way many Sekisho (checkpoints) were established for the purpose of inspecting travelers and loads. Hakone Sekisho, established in 1619, was one of the most important checkpoints to protect Edo (Tokyo) from the western part of Japan.
The current buildings on the site are historically accurate restorations. A small museum displays artifacts of that era, such as travel certificates, officials' diaries and samurai weaponry. A few minutes' walk to the north along Route 1 is a remaining section the ancient trail that travelers of the Edo period passed along. It is flanked with imposing cedar trees said to be more than 350 years old.
- 9:00 - 16:30
- 9:00 - 16:00 (December - February)
- No closing days
Price / Rate
- 500 yen (General, Adult)
- 250 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 44 minutes from Hakone-Yumoto Station on the Hakone Tozan Line or Odakyu Line by the bus bound for Hakone-machi. Get off at Sekisho-ato-iriguchi Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 1, Hakone, Hakone-machi Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa, 250-0521
- ♡ frey ♡  @transtoudou - 2014-12-19
- For some reason my subconscious thinks makishima is from hakone
- Putra Indonesia @PutraNegara69 - 2014-12-19
- Taking It Slow in Hakone:
Immediately upon arrival in the Hakone area, life slows down. The first stop for mo... http://t.co/P7EVWgZTsu
- Tokyo Toquio @TokyoToquio - 2014-12-19
- #Edogawa #Tokyo Winter fireworks in Hakone Ashinoko lake 2015: The fireworks event which celebrates Setsubun ... http://t.co/mRSOw8eAVj
- Conor Dunne @Lynleire - 2014-12-19
- @toxbyperegrina Don't know yet! Hakone this week, maybe elsewhere during the holidays!
- arakata @katspawprint - 2014-12-19
- Fukutomi being the youngest of the hakone seniors is really impt to me......
- Savvy Tokyo @SavvyTokyo - 2014-12-19
- Taking It Slow in Hakone: Life in any big city tends to bring with it a whirlwind of business meetings, deadli... http://t.co/OHTI0H4Vqe
- 大丈夫歌ェット @Etto_DaijouBot - 2014-12-19
- With @ShunKoike and Mister Hakone http://t.co/DeNn4MRXAH o/
- Anchor @AnchorBot - 2014-12-19
- I really really really look up to Hakone Shima, He's a really really good utau and is also multipitched and VCV!!! Thats really cooool
- Dan @dansuzuki - 2014-12-19
- Sign for new year big marathon in japan. we call "hakone ekiden". http://t.co/Ai2kPQhjTw
- Emeline. W @emewong - 2014-12-19
- Snow ❄️⛄️ @ Hakone, Mt. Fuji http://t.co/7FXP0Uc6CY
- PK★แผนกจื่องุนงิน~ @criparn - 2014-12-19
- Just Smile :) @ Hakone, Mt. Fuji http://t.co/uOfvOv4fp1
- go go @gerkraine - 2014-12-19
- Ive set up a social media site for hakone. we will use it to discuss club activities. the site is called my space. It is not about astronomy
- あやちょん @c_Kix3st - 2014-12-19
- @msmn_mitm @mmri_ykm Welcome to Hakone.()
- Manami Sangaku @manami_enbot - 2014-12-19
- Let's go to Mount Hakone next.
- Sandra Tan @sanedraaa - 2014-12-18
- @JieleDaNatoral omg early batch ah hahaha. I went all around Tokyo and hakone area to see 🗻
- Kinjou Shingo @actualkinjou - 2014-12-18
- @OREWATSUYOl I see. do you not have fun at hakone?
- spenddmag @spenddmag - 2014-12-18
- Element Emerald Herfst/Winter 2014 “Hakone” Footwear - http://t.co/qcb00lMpfk http://t.co/IXUisaDUuy
- Kinjou Shingo @KINJOU_ - 2014-12-18
- @shinkaichan Why don't you respect the laws of time and space. Is all of Hakone like this. I know your captain doesn't respect space.
- Makishima Yuusuke @MAKlSHlMA_ - 2014-12-18
- @ARAKlTA_ @TOUD0U_ I'm reminded why I don't talk to anyone who went to Hakone ever.
- Aki Quiensabeque @GhostlyCricket - 2014-12-18
- If Arakita collapses while he's pulling the team and makes all of Hakone wipe out, I'll scream.
|Basic information about traveling to Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho).|
|Opening hours of Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho).|
|Closed days or periods of Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho).|
|Price of the entrance ticket or other fees for Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho) (if applicable).|
|How to get to Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho) with public transportation.|
|Official website of Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho) or other useful pages.|
|Address and map of Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho).|
|Other recommended sightseeing spots.|
|Tweets related to Hakone Checkpoint (Hakone Sekisho).|