Hakusan-jinja Shrine has been revered as a local tutelary god for more than 400 years. It is now worshiped as a god of marriage, drawing large crowds of visitors. Another feature of the shrine is a huge Ema (wooden votive plaque) that is 1.85 meters tall and 3.6meters wide, dedicated in 1852.
Hakusan Park in the shrine precincts has a fine lotus pond surrounded by some 20 literary monuments.
- 9:00 - 16:30
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes from JR Niigata Station by the bus bound for Shiyakusho. Get off at Shiyakusho-mae Bus stop.
- 新潟総鎮守 白山神社｜初詣、七五三、縁結び、安産、厄除けなど (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1-1, Ichibamboridoricho, Chuo-ku Niigata-shi, Niigata, 951-8132
- TAKA @TAKA_Kon_WS - 2020-07-13
- MOSHI MOSHI NIPPON @moshi_moshi_glb - 2020-07-13
- The World To Be Views @WorldToBe1 - 2020-07-10
- yuuji @yuuji_K1 - 2020-07-10
- HWNJPN @Hwnguyinjpn - 2020-07-10
- Regina @Mylana1282 - 2020-07-09
- Yayin @worldyayin - 2020-07-09
- The Japan News @The_Japan_News - 2020-07-09
- neaubbie • 용청인 @neaubbiettw - 2020-07-09
- Tripig @kuma5629145596 - 2020-07-06
- HWNJPN @Hwnguyinjpn - 2020-07-06
- Anthroposia @anthroposia - 2020-07-06
- Max San @Maxsan74 - 2020-07-05