Heike-no-Sato Village was established on the basis of a legend that the Taira clan (Heishi) was secretly escaped to this region and survived after defeated by the Minamoto clan (Genji) in the Genpei War (1180 - 1185).
The facility illustrates the lifestyle of the Taira clan at that time. It includes statues of the leader of the Taira clan Taira-no-Kiyomori and the famous clan member Taira-no-Atsumori, images of Samurai warriors going out to the Battle of Ichi-no-Tani, and more. You can also try their traditional food.
- 8:30 - 17:00 (April - August)
- 9:00 - 16:30 (September - November)
- 9:00 - 16:00 (December - March)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 500 yen (General, Adult)
- 300 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 33 minutes from Yunishikawa Onsen Staiton on Yagan Railway by the bus bound for Yunishikawa Onsen. Get off at Honke Bankyu Ryokan-mae Bus stop.
- 湯西川温泉 平家の里のご案内｜時空を超えた癒しの宿 本家伴久 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1042, Yunishikawa, Nikko-shi, Tochigi, 321-2601
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-01-24
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-01-22
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-01-20
- くじら。 @cujilla - 2020-01-18
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-01-18
- jaminVOG @jaminVOG - 2020-01-18