Hojo-en Square / Botchan Karakuri Clock
Hojo-en Square in front of Dogo-Onsen Station has a free foot bath, an easy way to enjoy the Dogo Hot Spring water. There are approximately 10 foot baths located around Dogo, and they are all free to the public.
Botchan Karakuri Clock was built to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Dogo Hot Spring Main Building. Every hour (or every 30 minutes on special occasions) from 8:00 a.m. to 22:00 p.m., 20 characters from modern literary master Soseki Natsume's "Botchan" come out of the clock with music.
- Hojo-en Square: 6:00 - 23:00
- Botchan Karakuri Clock: Every hour from 8:00 - 22:00
- Botchan Karakuri Clock: Every 30 minutes from 8:00 - 22:00 (March 20 - May 30, July 20 - September 30, November 20 - January 30)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- Short walk from Dogo-Onsen Station on the Iyo Railway Jonan Line
Address / Location
- 6-7, Dogoyunomachi, Matsuyama-shi, Ehime, 790-0842
- Whiskey Jane Doe @whiskey_writes - 2020-11-29
- Bikepacking4Life @bikepacking4 - 2020-11-28