Horin-ji Temple is an ancient temple founded in 622 by Prince Yamashiro, a Shotoku Taishi's son, to pray for his father's recovery from illness. The temple is also called Mii-dera from its place name. The main object of worship in the Kodo (Lecture Hall) is a seated wooden image of Yakushi-Nyorai.
Its Three-Storied Pagoda was reconstructed in 1975 after the original one was burnt down by a thunder in 1944. The pagoda is admired its beauty as one of "Ikaruga's Three Pagodas", along with that in Horyu-ji Temple and Hoki-ji Temple.
- 8:00 – 17:00 (March – November)
- 8:00 – 16:30 (December – February)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 500 yen (General, Adult)
- 400 yen (Student)
- 200 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 4 minutes from JR Horyuji Station by NC Bus bound for Horyuji-monzen. Get off at Chuguji-mae Bus stop, then walk 20 minutes.
- 法輪寺ホームページ (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1570, Mii, Ikaruga-cho Ikoma-gun, Nara, 636-0101
- カフェぼんちぃ @cafe_bonchie - 2018-09-29