Here you can enjoy listening to the myths and legends of the Izumo region as well as experience regional traditional folk-crafts.
In the "Minwa-kan (Folk tale center)", you can learn about the various Izumo legends from storytellers, movies, and exhibitions. In the "Kogei-kan (Craft center)", traditional arts such as Washi Temari (paper ball), wickerworks, textiles and ceramics are displayed. If you make an appointment, you can also try to make these works of art yourself. In the "Shizen-no-Mori" natural forest, you can walk around the beautiful forest with various plants and observation decks. Rental bicycles are also available.
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Tuesdays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Price / Entrance Fee
- Minwa-kan: 200 yen (General, Adult); 100 yen (Child)
- Kogei-kan: Admission free
- Shizen-no-Mori: Admission free
Access / Public Transport
- 24 minutes from JR Matsue Station by the bus bound for Kanbe-no-Sato. Get off at the last stop.
- 18 minutes from JR Matsue Station by the bus bound for Yakumo. Get off at Fudoki-no-Oka-iriguchi Bus stop, then walk 7 minutes.
- 15 minutes taxi ride from JR Matsue Station
- 島根県松江市 出雲かんべの里ホームページ 民話館・工芸館・自然の森 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 1614, Obacho, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 690-0033
- James Alexander Jack 🇳🇱🏴🇯🇵 @jamesajack - 2020-10-24
- Micheal Soriano @Soriano310ms - 2020-10-20
- 🕷️ Wrestling-News.Net 🎃 @WN_Net - 2020-10-20