Izumo Tamatsukuri Historic Park / Izumo Tamatsukuri Museum
Izumo tamatsukuri Historic park lies in the hills to the rear of Tamayu Town's Tamatsukuri Onsen district. The ruins uncovered represent the largest find of former jewelry-making facilities and workshops within Japan. The site contains artifacts dating from the Yayoi Period (300BC - AD250) to the Kofun Period (AD250 - 538). The park also features many informative displays, and you can further study the art of ancient jewelry making at the Izumo Tamatsukuri Museum next to the park.
- Izumo Tamatsukuri Historic Park: Open 24 hours
- Izumo Tamatsukuri Museum: 9:00 - 17:00
- Izumo Tamatsukuri Historic Park: No closing days
- Izumo Tamatsukuri Museum: Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Museum: December 28 - January 4
Price / Entrance Fee
- Izumo Tamatsukuri Historic Park: Admission Free
- Izumo Tamatsukuri Museum: 200 yen
Access / Public Transport
- 6 minutes from JR Tamatsukuri-Onsen Staiton by the bus bound for Tamatsukuri-Onsen. Get off at Shiseki Koen-irigushi Bus stop.
- 20 minutes walk from JR Tamatsukuri-Onsen Staiton
Address / Location
- 85-8, Tamayucho Tamatsukuri, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 699-0201