The waterfall, which has been selected one of the top 100 waterfalls in Japan, is the most scenic waterfall of Izu, surrounded by the natural forest of Amagi and measuring 25 meters high and 7 meters wide. The basalt rocks of the waterfall are also the natural habitat of the chain fern Woodwardia unigemmmata, a protected species. A trout pond is at the bottom of the waterfall, and Amagi’s famous Wasabi paddies spread along the stream.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 35 minutes from Shuzenji Station on the Izuhakone Railway Sunzu Line by the bus bound for Kawazu. Get off at Jouren-no-Taki Bus stop.
- 浄蓮の滝 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 892-14, Yugashima, Izu-shi, Shizuoka, 410-3206
- Goin’ Japanesque! @Goin_Japanesque - 2018-10-09
- Jessica🌟ジェシカ @JapandaJess - 2018-09-19
- Goin’ Japanesque! @Goin_Japanesque - 2018-03-01
- Goin’ Japanesque! @Goin_Japanesque - 2017-05-08
- Goin’ Japanesque! @Goin_Japanesque - 2016-12-24
- runAway Japan @runAwayjapan - 2016-02-09