Jozan Inari-jinja Shrine
Jozan Inari-jinja Shrine was established by Matsudaira Naomasa, who became the lord of Matsue domain in 1638. There are more than 2,000 carved foxes surrounding the shrine, and a set of wooden foxes by a renowned sculptor of the time, housed within the shrine itself. Lafcadio Hearn (Koizumi Yakumo) is said to have often visited this shrine.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 18 minutes from JR Matsue Station by Lakeline bus. Get off at Koizumi Yakumo Kinenkan-mae Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 449-2, Tonomachi, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 690-0887
- Nick Plessas @NickASAVet - 2020-07-14
- Nimeesha @NIMEESH4K - 2020-07-13
- Palindrome @ace_palindrome - 2020-07-13
- Dharmic Design @DharmicbyDesign - 2020-07-13
- Oddfeed @TheOddFeed - 2020-07-11
- Jim Stevenson @VOAStevenson - 2020-07-08