Kami-no-Hashi Bridge, which crosses over the Nakatsu-gawa River, was constructed together with Morioka Castle by Nanbu Toshinao in 1609. The 18 "Giboshi", or bridge ornaments, placed on the posts of the bridge were designated as national art treasures of Japan in 1945. Eight of these bridge ornaments were made in 1690 and the others were made in 1610.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes from JR Morioka Station by Morioka Central Loop Bus Denden-mushi. Get off at Kami-no-hashi Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Kaminohashicho, Morioka-shi, Iwate, 020-0887
- Jan @janburza - 2020-09-19
- Oshu ILC @Oshu_ILC - 2020-09-17