Kaochi-dani Valley, located in the upstream of the Shorenji-gawa River, was created by the volcanic activity of Muro volcanic cluster. The valley with columnar jointing rocks stretches 8 kilometers from Kaochi-bashi Bridge to Ochiai Bus Stop. On the steep rock cliffs, you can see some oddly-shaped rocks called Kimen-iwa rock, Byobu-iwa rock, Tengu-Hashira-iwa rock, and Kotaro-iwa rock. The valley is also famous for its Kerrias and Azaleas in the spring and crimson leaves in the fall.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes from Nabari Station on the Kintetsu Osaka Line by the bus bound for Yamagasu-nishi. Get off at Momiji-dani Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Minowa Nakamura, Nabari-shi, Mie, 518-0444
- cokoguri @cokoguri - 2020-04-01
- Maryfaith Estes @maffayestes - 2020-03-30
- Hasan Jakaria @Hasan_Jakaria1 - 2020-03-29
- クロサマ @kuro3ama - 2020-03-27
- ⛩killerblues⛩ @samblues0036 - 2020-03-27
- COSTA @rock_costar - 2020-03-27