Katsushika Shibamata Tora-san Museum / Yamada Yoji Museum
This is a memorial hall for “Otoko-wa-Tsuraiyo (It’s tough being a man)”, the comic film series that was a big hit with Atsumi Kiyoshi starring under the directorship of Yoji Yamada. Exhibited are materials offering the world of Tora-san, including the studio set used in the movie, models and films, which visitors can enjoy seeing.
In Yamada Yoji Museum, you can take a look back at the past fifty years of filmmaker through eight different themes while getting to know what filmmaking means to him.
- 9:00 – 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- The third Tuesday of each month (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- The third Tuesday through Thursday in December
Price / Entrance Fee
- 500 yen (General, Adult) *Visitors can enter the both museums with the same ticket
- 300 yen (Child) *Visitors can enter the both museums with the same ticket
Access / Public Transport
- 8 minutes walk from Shibamata Station on the Keisei Kanamachi Line (KS50)
- 12 minutes walk from Shin-Shibamata Station on the Hokuso Line (HS01)
Address / Location
- 6-22-19, Shibamata, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo, 125-0052
- TOHO☆YARO @TohoYaro - 2019-01-07
- XinJeisan @XinJeisan - 2019-01-07