Kawakami-kyo Gorge is called "Arashiyama (Kyoto) of Kyushu" because of its beautiful nature - cherry blossoms in spring, green leaves in summer and red-tinted leaves in autumn.
Another feature of Kawakami-kyo Gorge is "Koinobori", or colorful carp banners. 300 carp streams are strategically placed on the downstream side of the Kanjin-bashi Bridge, which across over the Kase-gawa River, and thereafter swim effortlessly in the sky. This traditional symbol of the growth of children is set up between late March and early May every year.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 30 minutes from JR Saga Station by the bus bound for Furuyu / Kitayama. Get off at Youthpia-iriguchi Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Yamatocho Umeno, Saga-shi, Saga, 840-0203
- re-how.net @rehownet2 - 2019-08-02
- WAZA @WAZAshop_ - 2019-04-07
- Gregor Schmidt @gregorspeaks - 2018-04-15