The art museum was established in 1990 to exhibit the artworks collected by Kijuro Kawamura, the founder of Japanese resin and ink manufacturer DIC Corporation, and his descendants. There are exhibitions of the masterpieces from the world famous painters such as Monet, Picasso and Braque as well as many contemporary art treasures. Regular interpretation service for the artworks are available everyday.
You can also enjoy the rich natural environment of Hokuso Plateau by walking on the trail around the museum.
- 9:30 - 17:00 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
Price / Rate
- 900 yen (Adult. Varies according to the exhibition.)
- 500 - 700 yen (Student. Varies according to the exhibition.)
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes from JR Sakura Station by the free shuttle bus.
Address / Location
- 631, Sakado, Sakura-shi, Chiba, 285-0078