Kegon-no-Taki Falls is the most famous of the many waterfalls in Nikko; rated one of the three best waterfalls in Japan, along with Fukuroda-no-Taki Falls in Ibaraki prefecture and Nachi-no-Taki Falls in Wakayama prefecture. The river drops 97 meters straight down from a cliff, churning up a ceaseless roar at the base. This is a great spot for nature viewing. There are two observation decks: one is at the top of the waterfall, and the other is near the basin (You need to take the elevator to get there).
- 9:00 - 16:30 (Decembr - February)
- 8:00 - 17:00 (March - April, November)
- 7:30 - 18:00 (May - September)
- 7:30 - 17:00 (October)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Elevator: 530 yen (General, Adult)
- Elevator: 320 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 50 minutes from JR Nikko Station by the bus bound for Chuzenji Onsen or Yumoto Onsen. Get off at Chuzenji Onsen Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 2479-2, Chugushi, Nikko-shi, Tochigi, 321-1661
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-07-06
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-07-02
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2020-06-30