Kiho Town Sea Turtle Park
Kiho Town has been a hub of sea turtle protection activities since the town enact a low in 1988. Loggerhead sea turtles land on the Shichiri-Mihama Beach (Ida Beach) in front of the park to lay eggs from the end of May to August every year.
Kiho Town Sea Turtle Park has a museum, a sea turtle pool, and shops. You can closely observe sea turtle families at the sea turtle pool. Products with sea turtle character images can be purchased at the shops.
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Shop: 8:30 - 19:00 (March - October)
- Shop: 8:30 - 18:00 (November - February)
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes walk from JR Kii-ida Station
Address / Location
- 568-7, Ida, Kiho-cho Minamimuro-gun, Mie, 519-5711
- みつかる熊野 ー Find it in Kumano☆ @finditinKumano - 2020-09-17
- Ynda @dieyaboo - 2020-09-15
- QlipJapan @QlipJapan - 2020-09-15