After a long walk on the Okukinu Nature Trail, you can find Kinu–numa Marsh in a open land between Tochigi prefecture and Gunma prefecture. Kinu-numa Marsh is the highest marshland in Japan, located at an altitude of 2,040 meters with its own very distinctive vegetation. The land is covered with white cotton grass in July and with plants turned red in October. There are 47 various size of marshes scattered in this area.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 95 minutes from Kinugawa Onsen Station on the Tobu Railway by the bus bound for Meotobuchi Onsen. Get off at Meotobuchi Onsen Bus stop, then walk 4 hours.
Address / Location
- 870, Kawamata, Nikko-shi, Tochigi, 321-2717
- secretmoona @secretmoona - 2019-06-20
- Martina @martinatakano - 2019-06-18
- 🌸 Kazuko 和子 🌸 @iheart30stm - 2019-06-17
- Daryl-Rhys Taylor @DarylRhysT - 2019-06-17
- The Real Japan @TheRealJapan1 - 2019-06-17
- 那須高原ペンションローレル @pensionlaurel - 2019-06-15