Kuju Mountain Range
Kuju Mountain Range, at a level of 1,700 meters, stretches from Kokonoe town to Takeda city. The mountains are beautifully adorned with pink Miyama-Kirishima flowers during the early summer, and leaves of vivid reds and yellows in the autumn. There are also Handa Plateau in the north, and Kuju Plateau in the south.
- Open 24 hours
- Chojabaru Visitor Center: 9:00 - 16:00 (November - April)
- Chojabaru Visitor Center: 9:00 - 17:00 (May - October)
- No closing days
- Chojabaru Visitor Center: December 29 - January 3
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 50 minutes from JR Bungo-Nakamura Station by the bus bound for Kuju Tozan-guchi. Get off at Kuju Tozan-guchi Bus stop.
- 環境省 阿蘇くじゅう国立公園 長者原ビジターセンター (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- Chojabaru Visitor Center: 255-33, Tano, Kokonoe-machi Kusu-gun, Oita, 879-4911