Kumaya Art Museum
Kumaya Art Museum holds the collection of Kumaya Family, a prominent merchant during the Edo Period (1603 – 1868). The buildings of the museum also used to be their house.
The museum displays a variety of art objects and antiques, such as fine arts and crafts, traditional folk handicrafts, and cultural assets. It also displays the oldest piano in Japan which was presented from German doctor Siebold to the family.
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Mondays (or the following day when it falls on a national holiday)
- Year-end and New Year's holidays
Price / Entrance Fee
- 700 yen (General, Adult)
- 400 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes walk from JR Higashi-Hagi Station
Address / Location
- 47, Imauonotanamachi, Hagi-shi, Yamaguchi, 758-0052
- Bella Viaggi @BellaViaggi - 2019-04-14
- Gaijin Gaming Bros @GGBJapan - 2019-04-13