This artificial pond is the perfect spot for a walk in the woods. It features a path whereby visitors can walk around the lake in about 20 minutes. You can enjoy watching water birds in summer and colorful autumn leaves in autumn.
The pond is also known as "Swan Lake" because swans once visited here in winter and the pond was so called by the foreign missionaries who helped to develop Karuizawa.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 7 minutes from JR Karuizawa Station by the bus bound for Kusatsu or Town Loop Bus - Inner Route. Get off at Roppontsuji Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Karuizawa, Karuizawa-machi Kitasaku-gun, Nagano, 389-0102
- KGS @kgs_karuizawa - 2017-11-23
- mrbrown @mrbrown - 2017-10-28
- ҉٩(*´︶`*)۶҉ @xiux_ - 2015-11-05