Kusatsu Kataoka Tsurutaro Museum
Tsurutaro Kataoka is a Japanese TV personality, actor, and artist. He was originally famous as a comedian and actor, but then also became well-known as an artist since he began art activities around 1989. Kusatsu Kataoka Tsurutaro Museum opened in Kusatsu hotel in 1998 is one of the museums which features him. On exhibit in the museum are over 100 of his heartwarming paintings and dynamic calligraphy works. The museum shop inside sells its original items which are only available here such as postcards designed by him.
- 8:00 - 18:00
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 950 yen (General, Adult)
- 600 yen (Student)
- Admisson Free (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes from JR Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi by the bus bound for Kusatsu Onsen. Get off at Kusatsu Bus Termilal, then walk 12 minutes.
- 草津片岡鶴太郎美術館++++群馬県草津温泉西の河原入口（草津ホテル） (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 513-6, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi Agatsuma-gun, Gumma, 377-1711
- Ryo @ryoiwa23 - 2019-10-21
- allinjapan @allinjapan1 - 2019-10-20
- Japanese culture @JPN_cultureblog - 2019-10-19