Kusatsu Tropical Wonderland
In Kusatsu Tropical Wonderland, you can discover plants and animals from around the world. The facility exhibits about 1,000 animals representing 250 different rare species, such as Pygmy marmoset, Ruffed lemur, and Capibara. The 15 meters high "Jungle Dome" in which these animals and tropical plants are living is heated by the town's hot spring water. You can try hand bath and foot bath with Garra rufa (Doctor fish) that eats dead cells on your skin. There are also an insectarium and Papua New Guinea Folk Museum in the premises.
- 8:30 - 17:30 *admission until 30 minutes before closing
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- 1,000 yen (General, Adult)
- 700 yen (Student)
- 600 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 25 minutes from JR Naganohara-Kusatsuguchi by the bus bound for Kusatsu Onsen. Get off at Kusatsu Bus Termilal, then walk 13 minutes.
- 草津温泉 草津熱帯圏 トロピカルワンダーランド オフィシャルサイト (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 286, Kusatsu, Kusatsu-machi Agatsuma-gun, Gumma, 377-1711
- NHK WORLD News @NHKWORLD_News - 2019-11-13
- 湯畑の宿 佳乃や @yoshinoya932 - 2016-07-15