Lake Ashi-no-ko, 725 meters above sea level, is a principal attraction of Hakone. It has a circumference of 21 kilometers with an aquatic area of 680 ha. The lake abounds in black bass and trout, which makes angling a main leisure activity, along with boating. It is also well known for the inverted reflection of Mt. Fuji seen on a clear day. Regular pleasure boat service links Togendai or Kojiri on the north and Moto-Hakone or Hakone-Machi on the south, some with a stopover at Hakone-en Park en route.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 35 minutes from Hakone-Yumoto Station on the Hakone Tozan Line or Odakyu Line by the bus bound for Kojiri / Hakone-en. Get off at Kojiri Bus stop.
- Short walk from Togendai Station on the Hakone Ropeway
Address / Location
- Motohakone, Hakone-machi Ashigarashimo-gun, Kanagawa, 250-0522
- palatial product @florianblanco4 - 2015-05-22
- HoEigo @HospitalityEigo - 2015-04-25
- LILY @tinylily_13 - 2015-02-05
- taka @HakoneFUJIVIEW - 2015-02-02