Lake Toya-ko is a caldera lake with the circumference of 43 kilimeters and the maximum depth of 180 meters. It abounds with fish (especially Kokanee salmon) and has a magnificent view with Mt. Showa-Shinzan and Mt. Usu. The four various-sized islets called Nakajima are most picturesque, and wild Yezo deers can be seen there.
In spite of located in Hokkaido, the climate around this place is mild in general and the lake never freezes over. The tourist season continues from April until the end of October, and fireworks show is held during the period. Toya-ko Onsen Spa, with abundant hot water located in the south of the lake, is known as one of the largest hot-spring resorts in Hokkaido.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Rate
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 20 minutes from JR Toya Station by the bus bound for Toya-ko Onsen. Get off at Toya-ko Onsen Bus Terminal.
Address / Location
- Toyamachi, Toyako-cho Abuta-gun, Hokkaido, 049-5802
- •Ⓦ•ⓐ•Ⓡ•ⓐ•Ⓡ•ⓐ• @JeabWara - 2014-10-20
- #happy #japan #hokkaido #sapporo @ 🇯🇵Toya Lake/Mount Usu http://t.co/JED7jYbDrc
- マサコフP @masakov800 - 2014-10-19
- Great Toya lake http://t.co/PjmerI6BhN
- Jason Marrero @_Lake_Toya_ - 2014-10-17
- I got couples sitting around me and I'm just here reading my Harry potter book.
- hosokawa1123 @wansirias - 2014-10-17
- @meexiong Thank you It is Youtei mountain as seen from Lake Toya.
- Mark @ClearSkies55 - 2014-10-17
- @SENawotniak I have been doing some of my own research on Mt Usu up in Hokkaido next to Lake Toya. Spent a week there last summer.
- Tommy Handoko @thandoko87 - 2014-10-17
- @HarukaN_JKT48 Lake Toya, Hokkaido 😃😃 awesome...... cantik........ http://t.co/hUU4u1zn6r
- Mandarin Journeys @MandarinJourney - 2014-10-16
- How about #Ironman,Lake Toya, #Japan http://t.co/FZoF2bF7Aq @triwivesclub @VisitSekiParks @FSHualalai @cstergiou ? http://t.co/tKCzU7HNIT
- Sherman Chua @shermgc - 2014-10-15
- Looking at Lake Toya http://t.co/G3IWGpgDmc