Maruyama Senmaida Paddy Fields
The historical Maruyama Senmaida Paddy Fields are preserved in fine condition. Here, Japan's lost rural landscape can be seen as it formerly was. More than 1,300 rice paddies terraced into the mountainside of Mt. Shirakura-yama in Maruyama create a magnificent landscape that varies with the seasons. It is uncertain when these paddy fields are originally created, but there were already over 2,200 paddy fields here in the Edo Period (1603 - 1868) and nearly 2,500 in the Meiji Period (1868 - 1912) according to old records.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 35 minutes from JR Kumano-shi Station by the bus bound for Seiryuso . Get off at Senmaida / Tori-toge-iriguchi Bus stop, then walk 20 minutes.
Address / Location
- 255-6, Kiwacho Maruyama, Kumano-shi, Mie, 519-5405
- あぶくま @kawaii_kumano - 2020-04-01
- OSX2012 @OSX2012 - 2020-04-01
- กูจะติดวันไหนว้าาา @kumano_sann - 2020-03-30