Miboro Dam / Miboro Dam Side Park
Miboro Dam is a 131-meter high and 401-meter wide rock-fill dam which is constructed of clay and rocks. You can learn about the history of the dam and its electric power generation at the facility "Miboro Dam Side Park" located at the downstream of the dam.
On the lakeside, you can find two great cherry trees called "Shokawa-Zakura". These 500 years old cherry trees were originally stood in a village located in the bottom of the lake. These trees were moved to the current location when the dam was constructed.
- Miboro Dam Side Park: 10:00 - 16:00
- Miboro Dam Side Park: Wednesdays
- Miboro Dam Side Park: December 16 - March 14
Price / Entrance Fee
- Miboro Dam Side Park: Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 100 minutes from Gujo-hachiman Station on the Nagaragawa Line by the bus bound for Shokawa. Get off at Makido Bus stop, then 10 minutes taxi ride from the Bus stop.
- 55 minutes from Mino-shirotori Station on the Nagaragawa Line by the bus bound for Shokawa. Get off at Makido Bus stop, then 10 minutes taxi ride from the Bus stop.
- 80 minutes from JR Takayama Station by the bus bound for Maki. Get off at Maki Bus stop.
- MIBOROダムサイドパーク御母衣電力館・荘川桜記念館 荘川桜への行き方 荘川桜 J-POWER 電源開発株式会社 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 140-1, Maki, Shirakawa-mura Ono-gun, Gifu, 501-5505