Mihonoseki Lighthouse, the oldest stone lighthouse in Sanin region built in 1898 according to French architectural design, is now home to a restaurant. From here you can enjoy the panoramic view of the Sea of Japan, with the Oki-no-shima Islands visible on fine days. The lighthouse itself is designated as one of the top 100 historical lighthouses in the world.
- Mihonoseki Lighthouse: Open 24 hours
- Restaurant: 9:00 - 16:00 (September - June)
- Restaurant: 9:00 - 17:00 (July and August)
- Mihonoseki Lighthouse: No closing days
- Restaurant: Thursdays
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 40 minutes from JR Matsue Station by the bus bound for Mihonoseki Terminal. Get off at the last stop and transfer to the bus bound for Mihonoseki. Get off at the last stop (30 minutes bus ride), then walk 10 minutes.
- 15 minutes taxi ride from JR Sakai-Minato Station
Address / Location
- 1338-10, Mihonosekicho Mihonoseki, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 690-1501
- Sean Kelley @seanjameskelley - 2017-08-26
- Scott L. Fritchie @slfritchie - 2016-09-27