Mount Makuragi-san / Kezo-ji Temple
Mt. Makuragi-san is a designated prefectural nature park, where you can enjoy a panoramic view of Matsue City, Lake Shinji-ko and Nakaumi, Mt. Daisen (the tallest mountain in Chugoku region), and even as far as the Oki-no-shima Islands in the Sea of Japan on a clear day.
Near the summit on the approach to Kezo-ji Temple, there is a 9 meters tall Buddhist stone statue, the largest in Shimane prefecture.
- Open 24 hours
- No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 35 minutes taxi ride from JR Matsue Station
- 34 minutes from JR Matsue Station by the bus bound for Mihonoseki Terminal via Micho-no-eki Honjo. Get off at Honjo Bus stop, then take a taxi (15 minutes ride).
- 華蔵寺 臨済宗南禅寺派 龍翔山 華蔵寺 歴史と伝統の霊山、歴代松江藩主松平家の祈願所 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 205, Makuragicho, Matsue-shi, Shimane, 690-1111
- LACMA Bot @LACMAbot - 2020-09-21
- James Alexander Jack 🇳🇱🏴🇯🇵 @jamesajack - 2020-09-20
- I Talk You Talk @italkyoutalk - 2020-09-20
- ローラ (Laura) @kitty_witty_cat - 2020-09-20
- Highlighting Japan @HighlightingJ - 2020-09-19
- Ella Hitchman @ella_hitchman - 2020-09-13