Myozen-ji is known for its thatched roof gate "Shoro-mon". According to historic records, zelkova trees were felled for the construction of the temple in 1806 and work continued for approximately 20 years. A total of 9191 people assisted master carpenter Usuke Mizuma from Takayama in the construction work. Impressive transom carvings are located inside the building is a beautiful yew tree that is designated as a one of Gifu Prefecture's natural monuments.
- 8:30 - 17:00 (April - November)
- 9:00 - 16:00 (December - March)
Price / Entrance Fee
- Museum: 300 yen (General, Adult)
- Museum: 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 50 minutes from JR Takayama Station by the bus bound for Shirakawa-go / Kanazawa. Get off at Shirakawa-go Bus stop.
Address / Location
- 679, Ogimachi, Shirakawa-mura Ono-gun, Gifu, 501-5627
- 福姫_Fukuhime @Fukuhime777 - 2019-01-20
- 白川郷 @shirakawago_pr - 2018-01-29
- 108 Zen Books @108zenbooks - 2016-07-23
- OttawaMindfulness @MindfuLY - 2016-07-23
- 白川郷 @shirakawago_pr - 2016-07-01