This traditional samurai residential area is said to have got its name from the fact that the family of a chief retainer named Naga resided there for many generations. The area has narrow, maze-like streets to defend against the invasion of enemies. They are paved with flat stones and lined on both sides with earthen walls, which give it a marvelous traditional atmosphere.
At present, the mansion of the Nomura family built in mid-19th century still stands here, as it was in the feudal period. This is also the location of the Kanazawa Old Shop Museum, which exhibits commercial goods that could have been found in the old shops of the Kanazawa area.
- Nagamachi Bukeyashiki Rest House: 9:00 - 17:00
- Nagamachi Bukeyashiki Rest House: No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Admission Free
Access / Public Transport
- 10 minutes from JR Kanazawa Station by the #10, #18, #20, #21, #32, #90 bus. Get off at Korinbo Bus stop, then walk 5 minutes.
Address / Location
- Nagamachi Bukeyashiki Rest House: 2-4-36, Nagamachi, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa, 920-0865
- kumie @kumihaza - 2019-02-16
- Tanya @beztanya1 - 2017-11-11
- Oh my jet lag! @ohmyjetlagtour - 2017-10-14
- Vida Alvarez @venoconstrict - 2016-06-16
- Nozomu Yachie @nzmyachie - 2016-03-12
- Summer Shimizu @ShimizuPhoto - 2016-02-03
- 山崎大吾 @CafeD5 - 2015-12-25