Naruto Park (Naruto Whirlpools)
The Naruto whirlpools (Naruto-no-Uzushio) are ferocious tidal whirlpools in the Naruto-kaikyo Channel situated between Naruto in Tokushima and Awaji-shima Island. The whirls generally occur four times a day, and going between 11 am and noon you stand a good chance of seeing them.
There is a fine view over the channel from Naruto Park at the Shikoku end of the modern Naruto-ohashi Bridge and you can save the walk up to the top of the lookout called Eska Hill Naruto by taking a 68 meters long see-through escalator ride. Getting to the bridge by public transport can be time consuming although it is not a great distance.
Boats venture out into the channel and travel under Naruto-ohashi Bridge are also available around the park to inspect the whirlpools close up.
- Eska Hill Naruto: 8:30 - 17:00
- Eska Hill Naruto: No closing days
Price / Entrance Fee
- Eska Hill Naruto: 400 yen (General, Adult)
- Eska Hill Naruto: 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- Naruto Park and Uzushio Kisen (boat tour): 24 minutes from JR Tokushima Station by the bus bound for Naruto-koen. Get off at the last stop.
- Naruto Kanko (boat tour): 20 minutes from JR Tokushima Station by the bus bound for Naruto-koen. Get off at Naruto Kanko-ko Bus stop.
Address / Location
- Narutocho Tosadomariura, Naruto-shi, Tokushima, 772-0053