Niemon-jima Island is a Chiba Prefecture Designated Place of Scenic Beauty, privately owned by Niemon Hirano. It is said when Minamoto-no-Yoritomo escaped to Awa Province (on the tip of the Boso Peninsula) after defeated at the Battle of Ishibashiyama in 1180, Niemon clan gave him a shelter in the island.
Cross over to the island on a rowboat. On the island, you can tour a Japanese house that is over 300 years old, observe wildlife native to the island, and more.
- 8:30 - 17:00
- In bad weather
Price / Entrance Fee
- 1,350 yen (General, Adult) *includes the ferriage
- 1,050 yen (Junior high student) *includes the ferriage
- 950 yen (Child) *includes the ferriage (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 12 minutes walk from JR Futomi Station. Then take a boat to the island.
- 仁右衛門島 (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 445, Futomihama, Kamogawa-shi, Chiba, 299-2863
- All About Japan @AllAbout_Japan - 2019-06-23
- Wildlife Warriors @GlobalWarriors - 2019-06-21
- Saverio Di Sensi @SaverioSensi - 2019-06-21
- Steve Beason @daihlo - 2019-06-21
- Terran Nerd @terrannerd - 2019-06-20
- Best Trip Review Site In Japan @CITYS_PRIDE_EN - 2019-06-20
- 𝙅𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙥𝙝 @GroundhoppingFC - 2019-06-16
- Charlie Marriott @thecharliem - 2019-06-16
- 鴨川山椒 @kamogawa_sansho - 2019-06-16