Nihonkai Tower, 63 meters above sea level, was built in 1970 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of water system in Niigata City. The tower built on the water supply plant displays several gifts donated by Khabarovsk in Russia, and Galveston in the U.S., both are the sister cities of Niigata. Also exhibited are 100 water color scenes of Niigata.
The tower has a revolving observatory on its top, commanding a wide view of the whole city, Mt. Yahiko and Sado Island.
- 9:00 – 17:00 (March – November)
- 10:00 – 16:00 (December – February)
- Year-end and New Year’s holidays
Price / Rate
- 300 yen (General, Adult)
- 100 yen (Child)
Access / Public Transport
- 15 minutes from JR Niigata Station by the bus bound for Hamaura-cho. Get off at Nihonkai Tower-mae Bus stop.
- 日本海タワー of 新潟水道サービス (Only available in Japanese)
Address / Location
- 2, Asahimachidori, Chuo-ku Niigata-shi, Niigata, 951-8122